Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Try It Tuesday: Stuffed Elephant

This week's Try It Tuesday is this adorable elephant from Bustle and Sew!  


He was completely hand sewn and a lot of fun to make!  I really enjoyed making a stuffed animal that didn't involve turning anything inside out, so I could tell right away if something wasn't working out.  There is something so soothing about stitching this way.  (Geez, how many times did I use compound words ending with "thing" in this passage?!)


I thought the grey felt was perfect for elephant skin! 


I made this little guy for Valentine's Day for my husband.  He has a small heart with his initial on his other side.  I couldn't resist showing him with the delicious cupcakes my husband got me for Valentine's Day from the Cupcake Shoppe here in Raleigh!

I've picked out the tutorial for next week and I'm excited to give it a try! 




2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you can tell in this photo, but the cupcakes got a little smashed on the ride home. Still tasted great, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a link to the pattern? I can't seem to find it at Bustle and Sew. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete