Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Songs: Don Henley/Eagles

SAD: Don Henley- End of the Innocence


Wow, typing "innocence" sure makes it seem like a jumble of nonsense letters. 

Ahem, anyway...I love this song, but it still totally reminds me of looking at those weird hairstyle books at the hair salon while my mom got a perm.  I'm positive that they also played Wilson Phillips and plenty of other things, but I can't remember them as well.

On a deeper level, this song seems to me to be about the end of innocence propelling you towards the end of your life more quickly than you may want.   

HAPPY: Eagles- Peaceful, Easy Feeling


I wanted to give Don Henley a chance to land on the happy side as well.

To me, this song is about accepting what happens and moving on with your life, even if it's not what you wanted.  So this song becomes happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment