Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday Wants: Chevy Bel Air Station Wagon



(Photo via StationWagonForums)

Growing up, my dad loved classic cars.  Aside from the bikini girls that were always standing next to them on hot rod magazines, so did I.  I may not know much about the mechanics of cars, but I can certainly recognize good design! :)

As was the case for many girls my age, my first classic car love was Barbie's '57 Chevy.  My dad had an El Camino and an Impala.  When it was time to get my license, I was dying for a Chevelle.  Now my first choice would be a Chevy Bel Air station wagon (as seen above).  

****

While I'm on the classic car topic, my husband and I went to an awesome show this past weekend in downtown Raleigh.  


Raleigh frequently closes down its main drag for street fairs, and I was so excited that they did that for the car show!  The weather was perfect for it!




It was such a great afternoon.  It didn't hurt that we stumbled upon (the brand new) Beasley's Chicken and Honey on the way home and had a bite to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment