Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Try it Tuesday: Cloth baby blocks


This week I used a tutorial from Rachel at Smile and Wave to make some soft blocks as part of a baby gift.  The idea really grabbed my interest because of Rachel's description of how her baby was fascinated by graphic patterns (like those featured below).

The project was pretty simple and had some cute results...


though I do think my fiber fill needs to be pushed around some more to make it less lumpy!  I loved having a great opportunity to use some of my Alexander Henry "Ready, Set, Robots" fabric!


Hidden stitches are not among my favorite things, so I just stitched my seam closed.  I also took the advice of one of the commenters on Rachel's blog and stuck parts of a cereal bag inside to provide the blocks with some auditory interest.

I'm off to squeeze my lumpy block into shape!


No comments:

Post a Comment